At The NuVantage Group we work from a philosophical base that informs our practices; however, this base
dynamically shifts as learning from our practices informs our philosophies. Further, we constantly monitor
and adjust our practices to insure we remain current with the latest developments and shifting terrain.
Currently we work from the following premises:
- An organization is a system. Therefore, it is comprised of
smaller systems and it is nested within larger systems. Engagement on an issue at an organizational level
requires consideration of the reverberations in all related systems.
- Organizations self-organize. As long as an organization stays
attuned to its environment, it will adapt to changing conditions. However, the most effective adaptations happen
in those organizations that engage in the most constructive communication processes and that leverage the tensions
associated with unfamiliar terrain.
- Reality is socially constructed. All the members of the system
bring their personal, cultural and professional backgrounds to their daily tasks. Through interaction with one
another and with other systems, organizational reality is constructed - both organizational aspirations and the
- Diversity is an asset. The broadest based solutions are informed by ideas from the margins - the geographically dispersed, the culturally diverse, the organizational fringes and the unindoctrinated. By pushing this in its natural direction, employee/customer boundaries disappear - and market synergies are realized.
- Work crosses cultures. Regardless whether you are bridging organizational or global cultures, new skills and new ways of interacting are necessary.
- Research is participative. The purpose of research is not to document what was or what is, but what will be. Thus, it must have participant involvement and must immediately utilize new learnings to inform the practices of those participants. Active experimentation leverages learning.
- Collaboration is a requirement. As consultants, we become part of the system, bringing our own professional expertise to the milieu. What we can contribute is industry expertise and shared learnings from other clients, other scenarios. We become partners and facilitators in our clients' learning.
Above all, the fate of every organization rests on the knowledge, skills and expertise of its people. The most
successful organizations will understand how to enhance this valuable asset.
© The NuVantage Group, 1995-2002. All rights reserved.